A whopping 50 million+ people in the US suffer from allergies each year. Many of these individuals contend with allergic sinusitis symptoms like nasal congestion, post-nasal drip, and an itchy throat. Fortunately, some have discovered one indispensable solution that alleviates allergy reactions and symptoms: yoga.
Potential Benefits of Yoga
1. Yoga stabilizes the immune system
2. Yoga improves the respiratory system
3. Yoga is effective in stress management
4. Yoga boosts mental health
Yoga encourages brain cells to form new, better connections. Furthermore, studies indicate that this low-impact exercise positively impacts the structure and function of different parts, including the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus. That is why experts recommend it to individuals with severe mental illnesses, among other conditions.
Poses You Should Try
- Warrior Poses: These, which allow you to stretch your body’s front side, can remedy poor blood circulation by opening your chest, lungs, and hips.
- Shoulder stand pose: This pose suspends your body upside down. Doing that improves blood flow to the lungs and forces excess fluid to leave your body’s lower extremities.
- Fish pose: The fish pose is a back-bending posture that opens up the throat, chest, and lungs. It improves respiration and blood flow to the brain, simultaneously improving mental health.
- Plow pose: This inverted yoga posture stretches the shoulders, spine, and back of the neck. It’s good for improving blood flow and promoting grounding.
- Backbend: The backbend yoga pose strengthens the back and opens the front body. If you want to increase lung capacity, this posture will do the trick nicely.
Additional Tips for Alleviating Allergies
1. Drink chamomile tea before or after a session
2. Take a hot shower after yoga
3. Open nasal passageways with mint tea
At Advanced Sinus Relief Centers, we use balloon sinuplasty to provide long-lasting relief to people with sinus issues in Phoenix, Arizona, and surrounding areas. We also fix chronic coughing, sleep apnea, and other allergies.
Don’t let a sinus problem make you miserable any longer. Start your journey to wellness by scheduling an appointment with us today!